This website has been created to facilitate electronic transactions with our customers. Therefore, it is necessary that the latter provide us with some personal data (name, surname, phone numbers, email address), which are required for the processing, invoicing, shipping and delivery of their orders.
We process information (data) regarding you, with due respect for your rights and applicable legislation. More specifically, the processing of your personal data takes place according to the General Data Protection Regulation [Regulation (EU) 2016/679, abbreviated as GDPR], as well as according to any specific national and EU legislation, in particular Laws No. 3471/2006 and 4624/2019, and the decisions of the Greek Data Protection Authority.
We strive to take all necessary and recommended technical and organizational measures to ensure the safe processing of your data and prevent unauthorised access, modification or revelation thereto/thereof. At the same time, all of our employees and partners are bound by strict confidentiality obligations.
Our business, with due respect to the personal data of its clients and visitors of its website, will never unlawfully and/or unfairly use or disseminate their personal data and information.
What is personal data?
According to law, ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
What is the processing of personal data?
Processing of personal data means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
What personal data are we processing and for what purposes?
During your visit to our website, we do not collect and process any data apart from those submitted by you for your registration at our e-shop, the submission and delivery of your orders and your registration for our newsletter. Such data would be your name and surname, your billing and shipping address, your phone numbers and email address, as well as automatically tracked IP address and internet connection data, which however do not identify you but are used solely for statistical purposes. Furthermore, we collect information via cookies, following your specific consent. Data processing takes place so that we may provide you with access to all information available on our website, manage your registration following the creation of your user account, keep you up-to-date for new products and offers, should you so desire, and in order to be able to properly process and fulfil your orders (submission, processing, managing and shipping/delivery thereof).
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
Article 6 of the GDPR provides the legal basis for the processing of your data, since they are necessary for the proper operation of our website, the processing and fulfillment of your orders, as well as its improvement and the safeguarding of our information systems.
Your data is controlled by our leather goods business “DIONYSIOS ATHAN. VOUZAS – LEATHER GOODS CRAFT INDUSTRY” (sole proprietorship), which is headquartered in Thessaloniki, 17, Thermaikou Str., Oraiokastro 54 630, and whose retail branch is located at 13, Nikiforou Foka Str., Thessaloniki 54 621, telephone number: +30 2310233435, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients of personal data
In specific cases, we have to share your data with third parties. This is only done to the extent necessary to fulfil the purposes of processing of your data and only concerns such data as may be absolutely necessary for the purposes mentioned below. Third parties with whom we may share your data are:
- Shipping carriers, internet/telephone service providers, for the facilitation of our communication and promotion of our products and for the fulfilment and shipping/delivery of your orders.
- IT companies or natural persons who provide technical support for our website and other electronic/information systems.
- The Greek Independent Authority for Public Revenue (IAPR), only if necessary for the fulfillment of legal obligations.
- Organisations whose purpose is to prevent and locate cases of fraud, in order to prevent criminal offences against our business and its electronic systems.
- Attorneys-at-law, judicial or other public authorities and services, civil servants, out-of-court bodies, public law institutions, public officials (such as bailiffs and notaries), as well as third parties (such as experts appointed by Court or natural persons, as well as technical advisers thereof, arbitrators or mediators). We shall share your data with these persons only if necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of our legal claims.
Period for which the personal data will be stored
Data regarding visitors of our website and users of our services are collected and stored for the minimum time necessary and are then deleted. Specifically, personal data provided by you with your registration at our website (by signing up for our newsletter or by creating a user account during the submission of an order), will be stored for as long as you wish to receive our services and news. At any time, you may withdraw your consent and request that your data be deleted. In case of a sales contract with our e-shop, five (5) years from its conclusion and execution shall be considered a reasonable time period for the storage of your data.
Additionally, the time period for which your data will be stored depends on our business’ legal obligations (e.g. due to tax legislation) and the legal provisions regarding the maximum length of such period. The latter may be extended for reasons of delivering proof before a court of law with regard to the fulfillment of our legal obligations or in any case required by law or following lawful requests from public/independent authorities.
Security of personal data
In order to safeguard the data of the visitors and users of our website, all communication between them and our website is made through a secure connection (https://). We have also taken security measures to prevent loss, misuse, or unauthorised access to and dissemination of your personal information.
You have the following rights with regard to the protection of your personal data:
• Right to receive transparent information: your right to know who is processing your personal data, what types of data are being processed and for what purpose. You may request this information from us at any time and we remain at your disposal for any further request.
• Right of access to personal data, i.e. your right to be informed if your personal data are being processed
• Right to rectification, i.e. the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
• Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), i.e. the right to request the erasure of your personal data without undue delay under certain conditions, such as when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based (e.g. by unsubscribing from our newsletter)
• Right to restriction of processing, i.e. your right to obtain restriction of processing if the accuracy of the personal data is contested, if the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, if your data is no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, or if you object to processing.
• Right to data portability, i.e. your right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance.
• Right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, including processing for the purposes of profiling or direct marketing purposes, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com or phone at +30 2310233435. We will provide information on action taken following your request, without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of your request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We shall inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay. If your request was submitted by electronic form means, the information shall be provided by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by you.
Right to lodge a complaint
According to the provisions of the GDPR, should you believe that your rights with regard to personal data protection have been violated, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Greek Data Protection Authority, whose seat is in Athens (1-3, Kifisias Str, Athens 115 23, telephone No.: +30 2106475600, telefax No.: +30 2106475628), or alternatively by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the DPA’s website at https://www.dpa.gr/en/individuals/complaint-to-the-hellenic-dpa, following the instructions listed therein.
In order to avoid unnecessary stress, we highly recommend that you first contact us with a view to exercising your aforementioned rights.